Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thing #2

I enjoyed the the 7 1/2 Habits presentation. It made a lot of sense to me...

Easiest habit? No doubt: Habit 7: Teach/mentor others. I've already emailed my colleagues and encouraged them to participate. I've already shared my avatar, and how to make it, with friends. Sharing knowledge comes so naturally.

Hardest habit? No doubt: Habit 2: Accept responsibility for your own learning. Will I follow through with my contract? Will I let obstacles--self-imposed or otherwise--derail me? I hope not, but I know that I have done in the past.

Easy or hard, I'm grateful for the public accountability of this process.

2 comments:

Tom Kaun said...

Hi, 23+ Things, and welcome to what I hope will be as interesting and exciting for you as it was for me. You say that following through may be an issue for you but if my experience is any example you will quickly see the value of each exercise and want to complete it. Don't try to overdo it and don't worry if you do some things out of order. As you're exploring you'll find new things and want to share them. I'm waiting to hear all about it!

Joan Tracy said...

I agree with you about the public accountability of this exercise. That has been a good motivator for me.